Shiprocket INC (“We” or “Our” or “Us” or “Company” or “Shiprocket”) is a corporation duly incorporated under the State of Dalware, which provides various technology related services/platforms under the brand name ‘Shiprocket’.
The Platform(s) inter-alia facilitates more comfortable form of e-commerce in relation to various technology related services including but not limited to logistics management services/solutions, checkout services, early COD services and other services that the Company may provide to its Users from time to time whether online or offline (“Services”).
- The type of Personal Information (including Sensitive Personal Data or Information) that we collect from the Users;
- The purpose of collection, means and modes of usage of such Personal Information by the Company;
- How and to whom the Company will disclose such information;
- How the Company will protect the Personal Information including Sensitive Personal Data or Information that is collected from the Users; and
- How Users may access and/or modify their Personal Information.
Personal Information/Sensitive Personal Data
“Personal Information” means any information that relates to the User, which, either directly or indirectly, is capable of identifying the person concerned.
“Sensitive Personal Data or Information” means personal information of a User relating to password; financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details; physical, physiological and mental health condition; sexual orientation; medical records and history; biometric information; any detail relating to the above as provided to or received by the Company for processing or storage. However, any data/information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law shall not qualify as Sensitive Personal Data or Information or Personal Information.
Types of Personal Information collected by the Company
While using our Services, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information from the Users:
- User ID;
- Email address;
- Address (including country and ZIP/postal code);
- Phone Number;
- Password chosen by the User;
- Geographical location through the IP address of the Users;
- Financial account information like bank account details, GST certificate, PAN Card, etc. and transactional information in relation to transactions where the Company is involved;
- Any of the aforesaid information pertaining to the customer/buyer of the User; and
- All other personally identifiable information/details as the User may share from time to time (including personally identifiable information/details of the customer/buyer of the User).
hereinafter collectively referred to as “User Information”.
In order to avail the Services, the Users may also be required to upload/share certain documents (for instance, Aadhaar, PAN Card, GST certificate, etc.), on the Platform and/or e-mail the same to the Company. Accordingly, the term “User Information” shall also include any such documents uploaded or otherwise provided by the Users. We may also keep records of telephone calls received and made for making inquiries, orders, or other purposes necessary for the administration of Services.
Automatic Data Collection
We may also receive and/or hold information about the User’s browsing history including the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the site that the User visited prior to visiting the Platform as well as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of each User’s computer (or the proxy server a User used to access the World Wide Web), User’s computer operating system and type of web browser the User is using as well as the name of User’s Internet Service Provider (ISP). The Platform may use temporary cookies to store certain data (that is not Sensitive Personal Data or Information) that is used by Us for the technical administration of the Platform, research and development, and for User administration. In addition to the above:
- We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children; and
Purposes for which the Company may use the Information
- Registration of the User on the Platform;
- Processing the User’s orders/requests and provision of various Services;
- Sending timely/periodical updates to the User and its customers;
- Completing transactions with Users effectively and billing for the products/Services provided;
- Technical administration and customization of Platform;
- Ensuring that the Platform content is presented to the Users in an effective manner;
- Delivery of personalized information and targeted as well as non-targeted advertisements by the Company to the User;
- Improvement of Services, features and functionality of the Platform;
- Research and development and for User administration (including conducting user surveys);
- For purposes of research, analysis, business intelligence, reporting and improvement/development/advancement of the Company’s business, Platform and/or the Services;
- Dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints or disputes and other customer care related activities including those arising out of the Users’ request of the Services and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- Verification of identity of Users and to perform checks to prevent frauds;
- To comply with applicable legal requirements and our various policies/terms; and
- Any other purpose that may be necessary to provide the Services that You have opted for.
Disclosure and Transfer of User’s Personal Information
We may need to disclose/transfer User’s Personal Information to certain third-party service providers in order to provide Users with the Services they have opted for.
We may need to disclose / transfer User’s Personal Information to Governmental and judicial institutions/authorities, to the extent required:
- Under the laws, rules, and regulations and/or under orders of any relevant judicial or quasi-judicial authority;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of the Company;
- To fight fraud and credit risk;
- When the Company, in its sole discretion, deems it necessary in order to protect its rights or the rights of others.
The relevant information/data may be required to be shared by the Company with its affiliates, subsidiaries and group companies in order to facilitate the provision of Services by the Company and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries and group companies to us and/or to You. To the extent that these entities have access to Your Personal Information which is shared by the Company, the Company shall take adequate steps to ensure that these entities shall adopt at least such reasonable level of security practices and procedures as required under applicable law to ensure security of Personal Information.
Links to Third-Party
The links to third-party advertisements, third party websites or any third-party electronic communication services (referred to as “Third Party Links”) may be provided on the platform which are operated by third parties and are not controlled by, or affiliated to, or associated with the Company, unless expressly specified on the Platform.
Security Practices and Procedures
The Company takes adequate steps to ensure that third parties to whom the Personal Information may be transferred adopt at least such reasonable level of security practices and procedures as required under applicable law to ensure security of Personal Information.
You hereby acknowledge that the Company is not responsible for any information sent via the internet that has been intercepted beyond Our control after having adopted reasonable security practices and procedures, and You hereby release Us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
User’s rights in relation to their personal information collected by the Company
In case the User does not provide his/her information or consent for usage of Personal Information or subsequently withdraws his/her consent for usage of the Personal Information so collected, the Company reserves the right to discontinue, in part or full, the Services/associated features and benefits for which the said information was sought.
For how long do the Company keep Personal Information
Use of the Platform
You agree while using Platform, You shall not upload, modify, publish, transmit update or share any information which:
- belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right;
- is obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, invasive of another’s privacy including bodily privacy, insulting or harassing on the basis of gender, racially or ethnically objectionable, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or promoting enmity between different groups on the grounds of religion or caste with the intent to incite violence;
- is harmful to child;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of the message or knowingly and intentionally communicates any misinformation or information which is patently false and untrue or misleading in nature;
- impersonates another person;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign States, or public order, or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence, or prevents investigation of any offence, or is insulting other nation;
- contains software virus or any other computer code, file or program designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- violates any law for the time being in force.
The Parties shall (and shall procure that its personnel shall) comply with all applicable Data Protection Legislation (as defined below) and such compliance shall include, but not be limited to, maintaining a valid and up to date registration or notification (where applicable) under the Data Protection Legislation.
For the purpose of this Agreement, “Data Protection Legislation” means the applicable legislation and regulations, including relating to the protection of Personal Data (as defined below)/ Customer data and processing, storage, usage, collection and/or application of Personal Data/ Customer data or privacy of an individual including (without limitation):
The Information Technology Act, 2000 (as amended from time to time), including the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 (“Privacy Rules”) and any other applicable rules framed thereunder;
All other applicable industry guidelines (whether statutory or non-statutory) or codes of conduct relating to the protection of Personal Data and processing, storage, usage, collection and/or application of Personal Data or privacy of an individual issued by any regulator to any of the Parties; and
Any other applicable laws solely relating to the protection of Personal Data and processing, storage, usage, collection and/or application of Personal Data or privacy of an individual.
“Personal Data” shall have the same meaning as ascribed to the term ‘Personal Information’ under the Privacy Rules (as amended from time to time).
The Parties agree with regards to Personal Data that they shall:
- treat Personal Data as absolutely confidential;
- prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing of any Personal Data;
- protect any Personal Data against accidental loss, destruction or damage; and
- ensure the reliability of its employees/contractor having access to the Personal Data.
Complaints and Grievance Redressal
Mr. Sunil Kumar (Chief Technology Officer) BigFoot Retail Solutions Private Limited,
Plot No. B, Khasra-360, Sultanpur, M.G. Road, New Delhi – 110030 [email protected]